Blackadder

Lol CPL Lam showed me this really funny British comedy called Blackadder. Nvr really got to see the actual show but the script is darn good enough for me. Anyone who wants the script can get it from me.

Here are some quotes

Edmund: I like the cut of your jib, young fella me lad. What's your name?
Baldrick: My name is Baldrick, My lord.
Edmund: Then I shall call you Baldrick, Baldrick.
Baldrick: And I shall call you "my lord", my lord.
Edmund: [after surveying the battle of Bosworth Field] Why, some people over there aren't fighting, they're just lying down!
Baldrick: They're dead, my lord.
Edmund: Ah!
Edmund: Run away from the hills! If you see hills, run the other way!
[Prince Harry asks Prince Edmund which nobles he killed in the battle.]
Edmund': Ah! Let me see. Nobles. Um, I think… Lor— Lord Coverdale…
Harry: Who fought on our side, I believe.
Edmund: Eh, yes. I think Lord Coverdale saw me slaying, um… Warwick.
Harry: Warwick the Wild of Leicester?!
Edmund: Yes, that's it! And pretty wild he was, too! He took some finishing off, I can tell you!
Harry: Yes, indeed! I killed him myself at one point.
[Discussing Scottish accents]
Edmund: They're just barbarians! Half of them can't even speak English!
Baldrick: What do they speak?
Edmund: I don't know... it's all Greek to me.
Percy: Oh, they speak Greek?
Edmund: No, I mean it sounds like Greek.
Percy: Well if it sounds like Greek then it probably is Greek.
Edmund: It's not Greek!
Percy: But it sounds like Greek... [pondering as if it were a riddle] What's not Greek, but sounds like Greek. Oh, that's a good one, my lord!
Edmund: It's not meant to be brain-teaser, Percy, what I'm trying to say is I can't understand a blind word they're saying!
Percy: Well, of course not my lord, you've never learned Greek, of course!
Edmund: Percy...
Percy: Yes, my lord?
Edmund: Have you ever wondered what your insides looked like?
Percy: Sometimes Mylord, yes.
[Edmund picks up a dagger threateningly]
Edmund: Well, I'd be perfectly happy to satisfy your curiosity, Percy! Is that clear? Is that clear?
Percy: Yes, my lord, yes!

Edmund: I'm gonna stab him!
Percy: Where?
Edmund: In the great hall, and in the bladder.
Percy: But if you stab him in great hall, in front of everyone, mightn't they suspect something?
Edmund: [reading a curse] Dear Enemy, I curse you and hope something slightly unpleasant happens to you. Like an onion falling on your head.

King: Wessex: take 10,000 men and pillage Geneva.
Lord Chiswick: But the Swiss are our allies, my lord.
King: Oh, yes. Well, get them to dress up as Germans.
King: Chiswick, remind me to send flowers to the king of France in sympathy for the death of his son.
Chiswick: The one you had murdered, mylord?
King: [Absentmindedly] Yes, yes, that's the fellow.
King: Chiswick, take this to the Queen of Naples. [Hands him a lidded goblet]
Chiswick: What is it, mylord?
King: The King of Naples.
Prince Harry: [The King wants him to marry for diplomatic reasons.] But I am already engaged.
King: What!? Well who to, boy?
Prince Harry: Princess Leia of Hungary, and
Grand Duchess Ursula of Brandenburg,
and Queen Beowulfa of Iceland, [Unrolls parchment]
Countess Caroline of Luxembourg,
Bertha of Flanders,
Bertha of Brussels,
Bernard of Saxe-Coburg
and Jezebel of Estonia.
[Checks list again]
No, no, no, sorry that should be:
Bertha of Saxe-Coburg.
[Looks puzzled]
And Jeremy of Estonia.
Witchsmeller: [Talking about Ordeal by axe] The suspect has his head placed upon a block, and an axe aimed at his neck. If the man is guilty, the axe will bounce off his neck -- so we burn him. If the man is not guilty, the axe will simply slice his head off.
Edmund: What a very fair test that is!
Edmund: [weakly] Harry... what are my chances?
Harry: Oh, very good.
Queen: He will live?
Harry: Living? Oh, I thought you meant of going to heaven.
Edmund: [weakly] Damn.
Yeaup those are some of the memorible quotes from Blackadder I which i just finished. Lol =).