Day 2

Haha ok. I'm back for the 2nd resolution for this year. Unlike many other people, I'm planning to keep to my resolutions. I'll explain more about this when I post about my 3rd resolution tomorrow.

I will finish any task assigned to me to the best of my ability and without complaint.

This resolution means quite a lot to me and I decided to put this up today as I feel that today taught me an important lesson in life.

Today were the sport selections that every new year brings. This is usually done by the sec 2s every year, but this year Sir got the sec 3s to help again. The sports selection process for canoeing requires the sec 1s to do certain exercises on an exercise ball to try out their basic balancing abilities. So like last year I went there to do demonstrations, as well as help out with the selections. Ok so there was this exercise where you have to kneel on the fit ball, and I ended up having to hold the sec 1s. Yeah, so while I was at it, another sec 1 lost his balance, driving his foot into my face. It hurt quite a bit and my nose bled quite a bit, but it's ok I guess. I can always regain my blood, but the important thing is the lesson learnt from this encounter. Life is full of setbacks and painful experiences. Complaining doesn't really help in most contexts, so let's keep our complaints to ourselves and do something about it instead.

Haha ok after writing this I will try my best not to whine or grumble about assignments or duties given to me, so if you do hear me doing so, please help out by giving me a friendly reminder. Thanks.

'nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer.' - 1 Corinthians 10:10

'For the sake of Christ then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.' - 2 Corinthians 12:10