Day 3

Hey I'm back after a long day. Rather tired but I will only sleep after I finish this post. Ok today I shall explain why and how I am intending to keep my resolutions.

I will humble myself before God and before men.

Haha ok sounds so cheem right? Not really. Even so, many people fail to truly understand the meaning of humility. Humility is not saying you can't do something or aren't someone important when in actual fact you can or are, but true humility is admitting that we as humans are imperfect and unable to accomplish much with our own human strength. True humility is admitting that God is omnipotent, and asking Him for strength to help us in our lives. Making resolutions are easy, and keeping them always seems hard. But if you ask God for His strength, you will be able to accomplish it, as He has promised in His Word. God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. He listens to all prayers, big or small, but He will only respond if you pray earnestly and with a humble heart.

Having said this, I confess I am not perfect, nor am I being able to accomplish all things in my own ability, but I will leave my life to Him, knowing that I will be able to handle all things I encounter with His strength alone.

'I can do all things in him who strengthens me.' - Phillipians 4:13

'When pride comes, then comes disgrace; but with the humble is wisdom.' - Proverbs 11:2

'Therefore let anyone who think he stands take heed lest he fall.' - 1 Corinthians 10:12

'There they cry out, but he does not answer, because of the pride of evil men.' - Job 35:12

'Therefore men fear him; he does not regard any who are wise in their own conceit.' - Job 37:24

'Some boast in chariots, and some of horses; but we boast of the name of the Lord our God.' - Psalms 20:7