Day 4

Sorry this is a day late as I got home at 12am yesterday. Yesterday was the first BB parade of the year, then I went for cell group and dinner to celebrate my father's birthday which is approaching. Yesterday's message was quite long, and I learnt quite a bit, and thus the 4th resolution will be from part of the message.

I will fear only the Lord.

Many Christians today fail to realise the importance of fearing the Lord for who He is. This lack of fearing the Lord causes them to not take the matters of God seriously. I guess I do fall into this group as well. You might see that some Christians, including me sometimes, continue to do things that we know are wrong, but we still do it, be it swearing, breaking copyright law, speaking ill of others, even sexual sin. We need the fear of the Lord in our lives, so that we will obey His every request and command.

Some people fear the Lord, but only because they know He can take away parts of things in their life. Fearing the Lord is not incorrect, but we must fear Him for who He is, the most sovereign King of Heaven.

If we fear the Lord, we will keep His statutes and live a godly life. The favour of God will be upon us, and we will fear nothing else other than Him.

'Hence we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?" ' - Hebrews 13:6

'The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.' - Proverbs 9:10