Day 7

Haha sort of wasted my holiday today to training and creating a warcraft map. Anyway...

I will obey and respect my authorities and seniors.

Obedience and believing go hand-in-hand. Believing in God means keeping His statues and obeying the guidelines that He has set out for us. Many Christians know that if they believe in Him they will receive salvation, but they fail to realise that believing is obeying Him as well. God commands us to respect and obey our authorities and those who are more senior than us, and in order to obey Him, we must obey our authorities and seniors. God has placed them in charge of us so that they can guide us in our life and the advice that they provide is usually edifying and useful.

So from today onwards, I'll try my best to obey my parents, teachers, school administration, cell group leaders, church leaders, CCA seniors and everyone else who is put in charge of me, for God has called us to obey our authorities, and I will obey Him, for I truly believe.

'But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become the children of God.' - John 1:12

'And to whom did he swear that they should never enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.' - Hebrews 3:18-19

'And being made perfect he became the source of salvation to all who obey him.' - Hebrews 5:9

'We must not put the Lord to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents' - 1 Corinthians 10:9

'If they hearken and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in plesantness. But if they do not hearken, they perish by the sword, and die without knowledge.' - Job 36:11-12