Final Goal

Victories and losses are all in the past,
Fight for new hope, as memories don't last.
The chances go by day after day,
Treasure each one while you still may.
Contentment and anguish, my heart can't decide
Complex emotions I try hard to hide.
I think back again of the battle we fought
The gold has no worth, for whom is it sought?
Hence I'll strive on each day for my one true prize
My victory, my comfort, in Lord Jesus Christ.

- Fal

Yesterday was our national inter-school dragonboat competition, the last race we would have before the mid-years. We came in 1st for 20-men and 3rd for 10-men, losing to our sec 4 partners in the 20-men by 0.99s and BPGH sec 4s by 0.03s.

Ironic how we train hours and days, just to lose by mere split-seconds, a margin smaller than even the average human reaction time of 0.1s.

But what's it the past is in the past, I've learnt to look forward, leaving behind the errors I've made, and taking all that might help with me.

I want to thank God for giving me His Spirit of peace and His reassurance as I run this race. Thanks to all my sec 4 seniors as well, you've helped me pull through thus far, congratulations on your victory.

Pictures, though I'm not known to cam-whore:



Thank you God!