If people still wrote letters;

To my two friends whose birthdays were yesterday. I know that both of you might not read this now, but maybe somewhere near in the future.

Charles:
I've known you since p4 and we've been in the same schools ever since. I have to say we've both grown much, taking up various responsibilities and attitudes through the years. I thank God for a friend like you; you never cease to entertain me with your antics, how you skip camps and stuff just to spend the time watching a few cartoon characters dishing out fanciful stunts in front of your computer screen. You're unique in your own way, I suppose, just as we all are uniquely crafted by God at birth. I know your disdain for commitments and responsibilities - sometimes I wish I could throw it all aside as well; but commitments will have to be made, and responsibilities must be taken up. I pray that you will accept the need to make a commitment to follow God's ways, now that you have accepted the divinity of beings at work around us. May God bless you on your 15th birthday, may you not only grow physically and mentally mature, but spiritually as well. May God's peace and fervour be with you.

SM:
We go back way long together, don't we? We haven't talked since ages. I sincerely apologise if I might have caused any hurt to you, I might have without my knowledge and against my intentions. I really hope you will understand that I always work by reason, and I try to bear good intentions in all that I do. I may have been rash and immature at times, but I seriously do hope that you'll forgive me. I'm probably not the person you knew anymore - and I would like to thank you for teaching me so much, even if it were unintentional. If you still regard me as a friend, please know that I've always regarded you as one, although there are so many circumstances working against me, and perhaps you as well. I'd just like you to know that people don't share all their burdens and responsibilities all the time; sometimes it's hard or difficult to do so, I plead that you try and understand sometimes. I'm glad that you've found your purpose in life, I've found mine in God. Forgive me if this might seem cheesy in the least, but before one can live a happy life, he or she must define happiness. Sometimes I wish all the nights we spent over msn were used to discuss more eternally significant topics, topics that impact destinies. Know that friends may share your sorrow, but only God can remove it. My prayer for you is that you may find true joy in Him who gives true joy, and that it may be the source of the happiness in your life you so desire. God bless you on your 15th birthday, and may His joy and love be with you.

I thank You Lord for these two great friends that You've placed in my life, may You shower Your blessings upon them, and draw them back to You, just as You drew me. Amen.