Song Sharing - Bring The Rain & Blessed Be Your Name

The reason why these two songs are done in one sharing is simple. They have a common theme within.

In life, there will always be trials and tribulations. Through it all, we have 2 main choices. We can choose to curse God for what he has apparently thrown at us, perhaps to declare that there is no God because of the injustice we seem to be receiving, or we could praise God and thank God through the sufferings.

If we are to call ourselves Christians, one thing we should know is that being a Christian DOES NOT mean there will be no suffering. In fact in the New Testament it is said many times that instead, we will be persecuted for our faith.

However, we know that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28) Ultimately, these trials and tribulations will work to our good. God uses these to mold us, guide us to become more like Christ. It won't feel good, we won't see how such terrible things can actually work to our good when it first happens to us, but eventually when we look back, when we reflect on all that has passed, we will realize that through it all we emerge changed, we emerged as better people.

In Romans 5:3-4, we can see how sufferings build us up. "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

Job is an excellent example of someone who through pain, through a mid life crisis crazier than anyone reading this probably have ever got hit by, always put his trust and hope in God. To summarise it, Job was described as "the greatest man among all the people of the East.", he was rich beyond rich, had a great family and all, and was "blameless and upright". One day, even though he did absolutely nothing wrong, BOOM his animals were gone, his servants were dead, and his ten children died. Just like that. Yet Job didnt curse God.

"At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.""
(Job 1:21-22)

Then following that, as if it was not enough, Job was struck down with something like leprosy. His wife couldn't bear to see all he was going through and said "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!" (Job 2:9) Now when your wife who loves you tells you to curse God and die, that you're better off that way, you know you're in a pretty horrible state. Yet Job replied "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" (Job 2:10)

I think, we all need to learn to be more like Job. Who by the way was like Jesus. Job tends to perfect while Jesus IS perfect. Wow A math. Ok nvm that last part.

Well this is supposed to be a song sharing so i'll end here and present the two songs. I hope everyone who reads this will give some thought into this matter.

MercyMe - Bring the Rain

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain


I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Matt Redman - Blessed Be Your Name

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name


Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name


Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name


You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name


"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him". James 1:12

For more infomation, read Why Would A Good God Allow Suffering

Youtube link (with a super nice mv) of MercyMe's Bring The Rain here.

Youtube link for Robin Mark's rendition of Blessed Be Your Name here.

God Bless.

---

Well i posted whatever i put above on facebook as well. Took me like 1 hour haha but i thought it was something that i had to share so its worth it. A few others too but im not gonna like spam sharings since they take so long to do one but yea. Coz i have heard to many impactful songs but never shared so the list piled up and now i had a notepad document of, trust me its alot of songs, that i hopefully would like to talk about.

Anyway nowadays i realised that i start to like the slower Christian songs again haha. I guess songs like Break Free and Solution and stuff gets you high and all makes you happy but quite a number, im not saying all, of the more impactful songs are the slower ones.

5 songs that are like currently stuck in my head are:
Refiner's Fire
Assuredly Yours
Consuming Fire
Fires Of Revival
Offering

Hey i'll prolly do a song sharing on them sometime. Prolly gonna be June coz i intend to do 2 more must do song sharings before i do the rest and the fact that like i said im not gonna be spamming sharings all the time.

Its 12.30. Thats quite late for a next day school day and im not staying up coz i have work to do day. Oops? I dont care it was worth it rawr.