Casting Crowns Mania


http://www.gospel.nl/images/covers/large/bsr10723.jpg

Im addicted to Casting Crowns now. The music they make are damn nice and the lyrics are super meaningful too.


Casting Crowns are famous for the song Who Am I which like almost everyone in AC, Christian or non christian know and listen. It has like what taking all the videos of the song together more than 10 million views lol. Which is crazy imba views for a Christian song. Probably the number one Christian song on youtube that even a whole lot of non Christians listen to haha. I know at least 5 non Christians who love that song.

But most people just stop there you see. And now after the other time I posted quite a few of their songs, I've been listening to more since.

The thing about Casting Crown songs is that they arent the usual worship praise exaltation songs. The songs usually tackle a specific issue. Take American Dream for example. Its a song about people pursing the American Dream, basically Singapore's equivalent of striving towards the 5 Cs. But ultimately, these are but temporary fleeting things and do not count towards eternity but instead may lead to broken relationships, destroyed lives and all. Forever looking towards that brighter future that never comes.

So thats a very interesting song. Then theres Voice Of Truth, which is one of the three Casting Crowns songs that im totally addicted to now.

But the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me

Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!

In life so many a times we face circumstances where we are discouraged. Where people, whether enemies or loved ones, or perhaps even ourselves, we fall down and we pick ourselves up just to fall down again. And all hope seems lost.

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Its a very cool song haha. Will you listen to the voice of truth?

Then theres East To West. The second of my three epic addicted songs haha. This one is about sin and repentence. Well many songs sing about how Jesus died for us and redeemed us, but how many talks about what happen AFTER the redepmtion and we fall again?

I think its a really beautiful song to describe a really beautiful promise. The origin of it comes from Psalms 103:12

'As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.'

Wonderful wonderful song.

Then comes the most EPIC SONG EVER. Omigosh im totally ADDICTED to this song now. And I havnt put it here before coz I just heard it for the first time today.

The music is epic.

The lyrics are epic.

Therefore the song is epic.

Awesome chorus haha. Haha honestly I've never heard a Christian song like that so thats a new one for me xD.

Weird though. Its not as popular Voice Of Truth and East To West. Especially weird since its the Album name for the latest album in 2007 haha. I shall put a special section just for its lyrics and put the youtube video in =p.

Bringing you, Casting Crowns - The Altar And The Door

---

Careless, I am reckless
I'm a wrong-way-travelin'-slowly-unraveling shell of a man
Burnt out, I'm so numb now
That the fire's just an ember way down in the corner of my cold, cold heart

Lord, this time I'll make it right, here at the altar I lay my life
Your kingdom come but my will was done, my heart is broken as I...

Cry, like so many times before
But my eyes are dry before I leave the floor, oh Lord
I try but this time, Jesus, how can I be sure I will not lose my follow through
Between the altar and the door

Here at the altar, oh my world so black and white
How could I ever falter
What You've shown me to be right

I'm trying so hard to stop trying so hard
Just let You be who You are
Lord, who You are in me
Jesus, I'm trying so hard to stop trying so hard
Just let You be who You are
Lord, who You are in me


Oh Lord, I

---

Whooo love that song.

IF YOU HAVNT GONE TO LISTEN TO IT GO NAOW!! NAOWWWWW!! EVERYONE NAOWWWWWW!! CHRISTIAN OR NON CHRISTIAN, DONT CARE YOU LISTEN ONLY TO CHINESE/JAPANESE/KOREAN/TECHNO JUST GOOOOOO!!

But seriously music aside, the lyrics of this song really has a special special meaning for me. Especially after some things thats been happening in my life nowadays. Nothing to do with the virus lol.

Between the altar and the door. Help us Lord.

Then theres a song with a similar meaning. Somewhere In The Middle. About the hearts of us as Christians. Where is it. To be honest, we arent all that great and all that holy. We arent perfect. We are in fact more often than not still so worldy. But our hearts yearn to serve the Lord, to give him our all.

And to end off, Here I Go Again and Prayer For A Friend are songs about the same thing haha. Nothing much about that I think they're quite meaningful yups but thats about it heh.

---

How much teachers hate me.
Fill out each one you've done THIS school year.
When you're done multiply the number you got by three.

[ ] Gotten a referral
[ ] Gotten detention
[ ] Gotten your cell phone/ipod taken away
[ ] Gotten suspended
[x] Chewed gum during class (yesterday LOL)
[ ] Got In School Suspension
TOTAL SO FAR = 1

[ ] Gotten late to a class more than 10 times (Walked in 30 seconds before the time for 'late'. Many can testify to that =p)
[x] Didn't do homework over 15 times (Physics counted then duh la but physics is optional =/)
[ ] Returned at least 2 projects in late. (Uhm I cant rmb but I dont think so...?)
TOTAL SO FAR = 2

[ ] Missed school cause you felt like it (Wanted to. Like yesterday, today and I want to miss school tomorrow too -.-)
[ ] Skipped class at least 1 time
[ ] Laughed so hard you got kicked out of class
TOTAL SO FAR = 2

[x] Texted people during class (Heh Zach's number one target here)
[x] Passed notes
[x] Threw stuff across the room (The question is what have I NOT thrown)
[x] Laughed at the teacher
TOTAL SO FAR = 6

[x] Went on myspace, friendster, facebook , xanga , etc on the computer at school
[x] Took pictures during school hours
[x] Called people during school hours (Actually I not sure but I think so?)
[x] Listened to an ipod cd player/mp3 during class (allowed la wahlao not counted leh)
[x] Hit a teacher or student with a textbook
TOTAL SO FAR = 11

[x] Threw something at the teacher (TODAY PAPER PLANE AT JK LOL)
[x] Went outside the class room without permission
[ ] Failed a class this year (^^)
[x] Ate food during class (SNACK TIME LA WAHLAO!! Ok uhh actually I was already eating before snack time existed...heh.)
TOTAL SO FAR= 14

[ ] Couldn't go on a field trip cause you behaved bad
[ ] Didn't take your stuff to school
[ ] Gotten detention and didn't go
[ ] Used passes from other days/Or made fake pass
[x] Yelled during class loud enough so the teacher could hear (Uhhh -.-)
TOTAL SO FAR = 15

[x] Slept during some of class (Ahem)
[ ] Played basketball with paper balls using a trash can as a basket (Apple cores count?)
[ ] threatened a teacher
[ ] Felt hungry during class and went home to eat (Epic)
[x] Treat the teacher as invisible (Class effort ok not bad one)
TOTAL = 17

Now multiply the number by 3 repost as I am % hated by teachers.

51%

Just to clarify, I am in fact very well loved by teachers because the stuff up there done abit now and then are actually considered MINOR in this school heh. I recall a few ppl in my class scoring 90+% for this quiz or something but nvm lol.

---

Cryyyyyyyyy... like so many times before =D.

Between the altar and the door. ADDICTION =O.