Honestly, Stomp.sg is just one heck of a gossip site.
Following a facebook link by one of my friends, I reached the stomp site where a year 1 AC student was accused of cyberbullying.
Now ignoring all the comments regarding the school (anyone ever realise that people pick on the 'elite' students all the time, and then they call US 'elitist' when they're the ones talking shit about us), really, the whole thing is bull.
Dude. It was a mousehunt spoof. The 'victim' was probably among the people laughing.
Its one thing if you put malicious things about people, make fun of them and stuff. If anything, this thing going up on stomp will just get the students who would probably forget about it in one week, into trouble. Then the pictures will be viewed more, by people from other classes as well, making the 'victim' a real victim now.
Some stompers just do it for kicks I tell you. Hey look I found something that can potentially destroy the reputation of a school. Lets do it.
Heck, do stompers even realise they may well be doing 'legal cyber bulling'? What they do can be potentially be as harmful, perhaps even more, than cyberbulling. You're putting things up on the net. Once it goes up on the net, its scarred forever.
Then I realise that for some reason recently theres a spate of people reallllyy getting it on in public. At least thats what Stomp says.
Well for me I think its perfectly fine for people to kiss in public. If they're students then well maybe you can go tell them they should stop. The cases on stomp though, one involved students groping, one involved apparently elite students kiss and more than that in a carpark, and the last one involved two adults really going all the way in bukit timah hill (this one made me go WTH).
My stand on this is that I do NOT agree that it is right for such things to happen. Ok so many teens are screwing each other behind closed doors anyway (which I do not support either), but when things are brought into public eye for everyone to see, then its just crazy. I agree that the people involved SHOULD know better than to do such.
But I am still firm on the fact that that was completely not needed to be up on stomp.
And isnt sneaking photos of other people against the law too? Especially when you're like camping and all and lets face it. For the carpark case, stomp put up a disclaimer that the more explicit photos were not put up. So that means the person did take explicit photos. So screw you, you aint any better, you're a voyaging stalker with a teen fetish or something.
Please. Dont like it, go tell them to stop it if not THEN you would report them. Dont sneak attack and stab people from behind. Those people wont even know what hit them.
And you know what, when things get into the scrutiny of the public eye, the actions taken by the school will have to be higher. So they cant even give chance if the students are truly repentant. Good job for ruining the lives of others. Dont YOU make mistakes too, cant you give others a chance? Why blow everything up?
Freedom of speech huh. I believe I just presented on that today. Maybe I need to rethink my ideas. Some people DONT know how to handle the freedom that is given to them.
Which reminds me. The acjc bullying incident where the girl was tied to the poles one?
That one went up to stomp. Which is exceedingly stupid because the video itself was a form of cyberbullying. And the person who posted it was probably thinking that he or she was righteous to show that such a thing happens. Yup totally righteous to stand around videoing instead of helping out.
Lets see what wiki says about stomp. Oh look at this line I think it fits.
It is a 'platform for expressions that are frequently frivolous, prejudiced, malignant and at time slanderous.'
O rly? Hmm couldnt have seen that.
This could well be a POD question.
So, whos the real bully? Discuss (hey look I did a David Sim).
Following a facebook link by one of my friends, I reached the stomp site where a year 1 AC student was accused of cyberbullying.
Now ignoring all the comments regarding the school (anyone ever realise that people pick on the 'elite' students all the time, and then they call US 'elitist' when they're the ones talking shit about us), really, the whole thing is bull.
Dude. It was a mousehunt spoof. The 'victim' was probably among the people laughing.
Its one thing if you put malicious things about people, make fun of them and stuff. If anything, this thing going up on stomp will just get the students who would probably forget about it in one week, into trouble. Then the pictures will be viewed more, by people from other classes as well, making the 'victim' a real victim now.
Some stompers just do it for kicks I tell you. Hey look I found something that can potentially destroy the reputation of a school. Lets do it.
Heck, do stompers even realise they may well be doing 'legal cyber bulling'? What they do can be potentially be as harmful, perhaps even more, than cyberbulling. You're putting things up on the net. Once it goes up on the net, its scarred forever.
Then I realise that for some reason recently theres a spate of people reallllyy getting it on in public. At least thats what Stomp says.
Well for me I think its perfectly fine for people to kiss in public. If they're students then well maybe you can go tell them they should stop. The cases on stomp though, one involved students groping, one involved apparently elite students kiss and more than that in a carpark, and the last one involved two adults really going all the way in bukit timah hill (this one made me go WTH).
My stand on this is that I do NOT agree that it is right for such things to happen. Ok so many teens are screwing each other behind closed doors anyway (which I do not support either), but when things are brought into public eye for everyone to see, then its just crazy. I agree that the people involved SHOULD know better than to do such.
But I am still firm on the fact that that was completely not needed to be up on stomp.
And isnt sneaking photos of other people against the law too? Especially when you're like camping and all and lets face it. For the carpark case, stomp put up a disclaimer that the more explicit photos were not put up. So that means the person did take explicit photos. So screw you, you aint any better, you're a voyaging stalker with a teen fetish or something.
Please. Dont like it, go tell them to stop it if not THEN you would report them. Dont sneak attack and stab people from behind. Those people wont even know what hit them.
And you know what, when things get into the scrutiny of the public eye, the actions taken by the school will have to be higher. So they cant even give chance if the students are truly repentant. Good job for ruining the lives of others. Dont YOU make mistakes too, cant you give others a chance? Why blow everything up?
Freedom of speech huh. I believe I just presented on that today. Maybe I need to rethink my ideas. Some people DONT know how to handle the freedom that is given to them.
Which reminds me. The acjc bullying incident where the girl was tied to the poles one?
That one went up to stomp. Which is exceedingly stupid because the video itself was a form of cyberbullying. And the person who posted it was probably thinking that he or she was righteous to show that such a thing happens. Yup totally righteous to stand around videoing instead of helping out.
Lets see what wiki says about stomp. Oh look at this line I think it fits.
It is a 'platform for expressions that are frequently frivolous, prejudiced, malignant and at time slanderous.'
O rly? Hmm couldnt have seen that.
This could well be a POD question.
So, whos the real bully? Discuss (hey look I did a David Sim).