Knowing myself through skits

Hmm. Sometimes small seemingly insignificant stuffs can teach us alot.

Lets see. I couldnt come up with anything to say when at first briefed on my role. I recall that it happened during the last 2 playhouse skits as well (playhouse skits were forever ago). No ideas, nothing. Yet some people are like 'hes good I recommend him'.

People who have seen my skits tell me it was well done and all and people recruit me for further skits but I think I disappoint them usually.

I guess its how I work. You brief me on my role, I cant throw any impromptu stuff back. The only timed I pulled off an impromptu skit was during the Family Wellness Talk and the only reason why I could do that was because I was supposed to act out a real life situation that I personally encounter.

Like I could really put on that annoyed self and just respond accordingly to how I would have responded, thats why I executed that one very well.

Now, thrown in this role of playing a character in a semi fictitious story (like based on a true story but highly modded lol), I guess I fumbled quite abit. Like I couldnt quite place myself in that role, especially since I do more of the comic stuff, so in a serious role I kinda stoned haha.

I also realised that the best time when I came up with stuff was instead of trying to do something impromptu, we sat down and started discussions and formulating an outline. I managed to put in quite some stuff in there.

Heh. And then without a proper script I fumbled through with bad memory. Some actions were weird and just not right because I did them pretty 'forced'.

I guess the kind I can do is when I can really put myself in the role of the character. But im sorry haha this skit I find it very very hard to put myself into that role. Not emotionally, not psychologically, not anyway.

Haha and I realised that reading the book on persuasion and the body language for dummies one, I started to subconsciously adapt this 'listening attentively' stance. Except for that fact that in a skit you're supposed to look at the audience so fail is fail lol.

Ah well. Learnt more about my working styles and behavior through skit practices.

Shall go work out some draft script. I never ever use a proper word for word script at the end of the day but I always use a script =p.

P.S.
Bynes says:
haha
scarlet seeing red XD