Back from POC

Sometimes the hand of God working in our lives can be so subtle.

Perhaps it was, even small things like a 5 minutes disconnection from the internet can teach me much things.

---

Haha not going to go through all the events about POC but I would talk about a few as simple as possible haha. To be honest, things like this cannot be described, it must be experienced.

I would say this is the second best camp I ever had in my life, second best doesnt sound that pro huh, haha no la it was really really good. No prizes for guessing the first =).

Ok it doenst sound awesome yet because of the tone im taking. OK POC WAS AWESOME KAY IT WAS SUPER FUN SUPER COOL YEAAAAAAAAA!! =D

Haha ok table of contents, partially so that I can control myself from talking too much =p.

1) Night Games
2) Worship
3) Field Cooking
4) War Games
5) Werewolf
6) Other thoughts

---

1) Night Games

If there is one thing that I would remember for the rest of my life about POC, it was this.

I realise that all the night games I have ever played in the past sucked horribly comparatively. Night games we're talking about the scary stuff of course, the game that I never liked but yea whatever.

I wish I hadnt gone through this but since I have, I commend the effort put in. Simply indescribable. Amazing.

Of course, heres the thing, if the team preparing the night games was amazing, then the victims would be in pretty deep shit dont you think?

So thats me. I swear im traumatized lol. Im still reeling from the after effects haha.

So yea, a love-hate relationship. Still vivid in my mind was the one scene that I thought was simply utterly insanely well pulled off. I got injured there but thats not really much of a concern comparatively. I think the psychological effect was way more powerful haha.

Imagine this. You enter a room (with your team, cant imagine if I were alone), the guy outside directs you in and you see the 'madman' inside sitting on the chair with his back facing you, but his head staring at you with that blank psychotic look.

The guy proceeds to turn on the lights in the dark room, and turns out, they covered the lights with red cello tape. Then he walked out and locked you guys in.

IMAGINE THAT. FREAKING RED ROOM. YOU KNOW HOW INSANELY FREAKY IT WAS.

For 5 mins, the mad man made incoherent noises, tumbling around, walking aimlessly, while there I stood, watching him knowing that at any moment he would scream and lunge at someone.

But perhaps I should have kept that thought to myself as I suspect when I voiced that out to my team, the person playing the madman immediately decided I was to be the target.

But he couldnt do it because I watched him really really intently so that he couldnt surprise me.

But darn him, he has patience. Maybe thats why it took 5mins. Coz he was waiting for the right moment.

I just let my guard down for 5 seconds, 5 seconds glacing at my handphone, when suddenly screams surrounded me, I was tackled to the ground and his face was in my face, howling and kicking.

Imagine that. With the red room, the overturned chairs and tables and everything.

But I suppose in reality you cant really imagine how it really was. You gotta experience it. But yes. Trauma.

But anyway, during his attack he accidentally kicked my lips and I bled lol. Pain. Its like swollen and stuff now lol and after the game the guy was like apologizing to me lol but its fine la haha.

So yea. The scene remains etched in my mind I hope to get it out soon enough lol. Or I'll seriously get nightmares. I probably didnt get nightmares that night coz I was too tired to dream =p.

Im kinda glad we retreated from the room with the two ghosts when we saw them so they never attacked us or did anything much except stare at us. In fact I didnt even see them in the room coz I refused to walk further in though everyone else in my group did haha. I saw them later when everything ended though and I sure am glad I didnt see them in the room itself haha.

Of course after triple dark rooms in a row the doctor's was epic funny. Basically there were 4 dark but not scary locations with 'normal' people, then 3 scary ones (psychotic man, double ghosts and crying girl) and the doctors room is like some parody of the scary room lol. When you enter its all dark, and the lights flick on and you see the doctor sitting at this table. 'The doctor will see you now' lololol. Super comical that room all the nonsense, IB jokes and suanning the Vietnamese guy in my group.

So yea. Ok im getting freaked out talking about night games so I shall end here. Just know that it was the most epic insane night game I have ever played.

---

2) Worship

Maybe there were two things I definitely will remember, not just the night games haha.

The style is kinda different from what I was used to I guess but I think I really enjoy the Primers programme. Theres really alot of CE stuff and worship is like pretty spammed haha.

Shaun Lim noticed it, Dr Yong noticed it, I noticed it, I believe Mr Loke (the officer, Oliver Loke, not the...other one) noticed it, but I think there is immense potential for a revival fire starter amongst the primers this year.

Unlike DI, our prayer meetings and worship are really comparatively solemn and stuff, no jumping, not even alot of raised hands, but singing the power of your love, you could sense that there was something different. It wasnt like, a rushing overflow of power, it didnt feel spectacular or anything, it wasnt particularly a great experience per se, but it was like, a still small voice.

So im gonna envision great things for primers, definitely there are some areas that I feel perhaps could be better but that are also many areas that are being done very well and so, lets strive on, perhaps I too must rise up and be willing to make that change.

Come on guys. AC has been pretty dead as far as I know since I entered the school, but before we leave, let us make an impact. AC revival is starting. Fire@AC is becoming a stronger group, primers doubled in size or something, CF isnt doing too badly either. Let us go, and God will use us.

And interestingly, Si Er said something quite often, and I recalled it on two occasions during Fri's pm and sun night's worship and then Shaun Lim suddenly comes on with a powerpoint presentation this morning with just one slide which I say amen to.

Exodus 33:15-16.

Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?"

So let us go, Primers, DI, all of the body of Christ, let us go, and shine like stars in the night, all for the glory of God.

---

3) Field Cooking

I totally wrote alot more about the about two sections then I intended to so I shall keep these 4 short =p. Enough to squeeze into one section without seperations.

HAHA FIELD COOKING WE MADE CARBONARA LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Instant noodles + mushroom + luncheon meat + hot dogs + eggs + campell sauce = epic dish. We had some awesome food while everyone else was eating their regualar curry maggie mee xD. GROUP 8 FTW!!

Dont forget the scrambled eggs =p. Field cooking has never been more epic.

4) War Games

Its no joke when people say primers spam water bombs. Most water bomb fights I play have like 5 to 10 bombs per person only then it runs out fast and everyone stones around. But haha 500 bombs for a team of 9 people? Epic.

But that was the first one, which was still kinda messy but nevertheless the best waterbomb game I played. Until the second one that is.

Second one was 'last man standing'. Starts with two teams, once you get hit you have to go off. It sounds like something that people will cheat and say they didnt get hit but because of the way the rules were laid out, everyone was cautious not to die so it became a very strategic game haha. Kills were slow and steady.

Our team wiped theirs with like 18 survivors or something, which means we had like what, less than 5 deaths haha. Trade 5 for 20+ kills naize.

Then we split into two factions again and this time both factions were more evenly matched till it was done to like 3v4. I was on the team of 3 with Gab and Weijian and amusingly, FFA was declared, Gab, Weijian and me didnt attack each other coz we agreed to ally even after FFA was declared but the otherside 1 guy died before the other 3 allied xD.

So it was still team game =p.

But yea after that there was like showdown lol. Gab died so it was me vs Xunwei, Weijian against J Gwee who doesnt have a bomb and Sheng Yung. Shucks man I lost the battle with Xunwei haha he too zai already.

After that XunWei sacrificed himself in an attack against Weijian with failed to kill him, and J Gwee got removed coz he was useless anyway so it was 1v1 and they killed each other at the same time =p. So it was a draw between Weijian and Sheng Yung haha.

Oh well. Fun stuffs seriously. I really liked that second waterbomb game, not beacuse I survived very long (admittedly I never went to the front line so it was harder for me to die, but I kept doing sneak attacks but I killed a number of people ok I wasnt a useless camper lol) but rather because it wasnt messy at all it was really nice. Haha and theres like the tension and all that, battle plans, showdowns. Not random throwing waterbomb but like strategic ones, requiring reflexes to dodge at close range.You see, a normal water bomb game, both guys just run to each other and splash each other, but you couldnt do it with this because people want to remain clean after a kill so yeap =p. I would love to play it again.

5) Werewolf

I introduced werewolf to the primers LOL.

We kept playing it xD. It was really good for bonding I guess.

And Bynes is now a celebrity in primers =D.

6) Other thoughts

So yups, that was POC for me. I had an idea of what I wanted to put in this section when I began but I forgot everything so NEVERMIND HAHA BYE ALL DINNER TIME!!