Life Concert And Stuff

Before I begin on the rest of the stuffs, for all those people who have seen the previous post, do note that the previous post was posted on the first of April 2010.

Happy April Fool's all. The book of Obadiah only has one chapter =).

"Do not be deceived by the lies of others, do not believe in false scriptures. Be wise and not like fools!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

"In a more extreme case, perhaps the verses might not even exist and are just quoted for the sake of appearing reliable."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

"Its a question I believe we all have to consider. Will we be wise, or will we be like fools?"

WINNNNNNNNNN!!

On a more serious note, go read your Bible =D.

---



Life Concert 2010. Haha this was amusing. I had no clue what it was going to be about and was only informed of it like the night before (and tickets had to be gotten in advance) but thank God I went because I thought it was AWESOMESAUCE (and definitely worth every cent CAUSE IT WAS FREE LUL).

I am honestly amazed at how professional it was. I guess I was kinda expecting something like the Song Composing Club concert (which costs 7 bucks lul) but no, it was really great. I AM GOING OMIGOSH AT THE VIDEOS!! THE PHOTO THING SO COOL!! THE 5 MINUTE COUNTDOWN (though imo 5 mins is quite dumb coz its super long) ANIMATION WAS INSANELY GOOD and even the LYRICS the background is WAHHHHHHH. Its reminds me of GDOP one lor and thats like some crazy national thing super high budget thing.

I WANT TO DO ALSO SO NICE!!

Yea, anyway I took alot of videos so yups, like 11 I think. I'll probably put them up on facebook soon enough pending permission and depending on my laziness. I think it was a very well executed event and I might go for it again even if no one I knew was performing and no one was going with me lol. I feel abit cheated because there was only one dance but I think everything else made up for that lol.

And Chun Wee, I was wrong lol it was a worship concert not a Christian music concert =p (yes guys theres a difference).

I thought it was very interesting that the song 'at the cross' was played. I thought the song was really good and really speaks alot but when I first heard it on monday, it was the start of REW and you know how it is like in school. It can be hard to worship sometimes. Also, being the only one lifting up your hands, when your classmates already think you're some weird person? Perhaps its true that we shouldnt bother so much about what others say but it does affect.

So for 3 days, as the theme song of REW, the song was played, but I suppose I never really had a time of worship with it, more like, standing up and watching the band play and just singing along.

But thank God for Life Concert, FREE TO WORSHIP!!

So yups.

Went for (almost) midnight supper afterwards which made me think about something.

You know how when its 11:00 and you are still at potong pasir, your parents will be like 'EH COME HOME NOW LA WHAT TIME ALREADY' or to the likes of that right?

Well, I messaged my mom that night to say that I was going for supper and will be back probably after midnight.

My mom? She never said that, she just told me ok, but not too late. She also loled me later.

That is, actually pretty normal for me. My mom puts 'haha', 'lol' and smileys when she messages me, she picked it up from me lol.

The thing was, a number of people that night were having some issues. Their parents want them to go home and stuff (at least thats the general example, it does get more complicated than that for some cases).

Some people commented that night that they wished they had my mom, but I thought about it, was it because I was born with a cool mom that I can do this?

Alot of people say that they're parents are unreasonable, but in the first place, do they come across that way because they do not trust us?

My mom trusts me. Because I make everything accountable. I automatically message her when I will be coming back past 1030. I always let her know of my whereabouts without her asking me. If I need to stay out late, I make my reasons clear. And she usually accepts them.

However, 3 years ago, I was thrown out of my house once (though only for a short while), I was screaming at my parents and they were screaming at me.

They were unreasonable and controlling werent they?

Now when I look back, sometimes I wonder, if it was more of how I failed to show them that I can be trusted.

You see, parents are 'unreasonable' because they are worried. Because they love and care for their children, so precious, that they dont want things to happen to them.

But, if you show them that you can take care of yourself, show them that you can be trusted, would they not let you be? And all these not my words, but by actions.

3 years ago I never said 'lol' to my mom nor did I pick up phone calls with 'yo whassup' but I do it now because my mom understands my language. And my mom understands my language because I allowed her to know who I am. I didnt live a double life my mom can read my blog anytime she wants. My mom only started to use such language with me when I started to use it with her.

You see, its a vicious cycle. When you feel that your parents are unreasonable, you become defiant. The more defiant you become, the less trust they have and the more unreasonable they become.

Some parents are the 'cool parents'. They understand. But not all do because of the generation gap. So instead of wishing your parents were less unreasonable, perhaps we should be more trustworthy, less defiant and more willing to explain (not argue), and through that flip the cycle upside down.

When you are less defiant, responsible and accountable, your parents have more trust in you, they start to give you more freedom, and with that freedom you can exercise it more within your own boundaries and when your parents see that you know how to set boundaries by yourself they can relax their hold on you even more because they know you can govern your life.

Family relationships strengthen, your mom isnt all that a crazy woman you find out, she loves to enjoy life too, a little joke here and there.

While I admit some parents are tougher to crack than others, perhaps they are thinking the same thing.

What we must remember is this. That ultimately, your parents love you. They do really stupid things sometimes, but they do it out of love. Once you come to understand that, perhaps you will be able to better appreciate all that they do.

Maturity is an interesting thing. When I was p6, I thought I was mature, but in sec 1, I realised how kiddy I was and that NOW im mature. And in sec 2 I realised that of my sec 1 years. And so on and so forth.

Im still learning today. I still dont pretend im mature and I know everything. But perhaps recognising this fact is a starting point.

So yes. That is another one of my takeaways from Life Concert. The third one would be the most amusing car ride I ever had but yea whatever =D.

Mmm.

On another note, WHAT IS THIS ENROLLMENT SERVICE!! I WANT TO GO TO THE BAPTISM THING LEH!!