Praise the Lord!



I am Yours, you are mine
I refuse to be denied
All of You is my heart's cry
I refuse to be denied

I'm coming after you
I'm coming after you
I'm coming after you

Though I'm weak, though I'm dry
I refuse to be denied
All my life, a sacrifice
I refuse to be denied

I'm coming after you
I'm coming after you
I'm coming after you

---

No guitars, no drums, nothing noisy, just the deepest cry of the heart, repeating the same line over and over again. Sounds boring unless you know just what they mean. Then you tear with them.

Lets not go into narratives, lets not go into details. I dont want to spend one hour blogging lol.

To cut short, thank God for allowing me to be dismissed by 2 today and hence able to attend prayer meeting, thank God for his touch, its been a long time in the aspect of prayer meetings. Thank God for the message, thank God for His Spirit, His power, His manifestation, His revelations, His providence.

To be honest I tired today, not screaming looking forward to DI kind of thing. But I was chao hyper by the end of it lol.

Refuse to be denied. One of the songs that has impacted my life alot. It just came to me during pm and I had to proclaim it.

Life's been tough. History EE, econs IA and all that nonsense, some other things which I won't mention weren't going too well either, sometimes its easy to doubt, to weaken your resolve.

Sometimes when you feel so tired, not overwhelmed for thats when you cry out in desperation, but tired, where you just feel emptiness and lack of motivation, it saps you spiritually. And sometimes you look at the work you have to do and you say 'ok I really have no time today' and you rush through your QT and all, believing that God understands.

Which is true, but theres another aspect.

He that honours me, I will honour.

So even though im tired, I refuse to be denied. Its not easy, but I gotta try.

Look not to the circumstance, but to the Almighty.

Is it not wonderful to really worship in the Spirit?

I've been thinking about the idea of spiritual highs. How much of it is some emotional flux that we create within ourselves? I have nothing against the high itself but there is a problem when you go 'high' but afterwards nothing changes. So I've been careful, but perhaps too careful, till it has prevented me from really worshiping in the Spirit, free.

But praise God, for his reminders, for his prompting.

Praise God, that when we are unfaithful, he remains faithful.

I'll do my best to not let it be a mere high. I wont pretend that im suddenly not stressed out or worried, but im going to believe in God, the one who can do all things, believing that he will make a way.

Even in the aspect of spiritual growth, words have been spoken to challenge what I have been thinking.

Judging eyes is an issue I face. I do it all the time, even when I remind myself not to often its hard.

But how can you love if you judge? I learnt that in the book 'Whats so amazing about grace' and now I have the message reinforced.

When we look around us, it should be with the question 'what can I do for you?'

So that too, I'll trust God to help me, to change my heart.

And of course, the final point.

The song.

I was really pleasantly surprised to hear Andy play it today. At the right time, right moment. In more ways than one can imagine.

You see, my top 5 favourite songs of all time all are there because in addition to sounding awesome, they really have a deep personal meaning to me.

From Ashes To Beauty is not ranked one for no reason.

Its a song that has led me through the darkest times in my life. Its a song that has inspired me when I lost hope. Its a song that speaks to me in my failure, that He turns ashes to beauty, mourning to dancing, anguish to songs of praise. Its a song that tells me of who I am and what I can be, not by my own might but by Him. Its a song that I cry out to Him when I really needed His touch, His presence, His power.

So appropriate that it came up right there and then when I was really considering some things.

Funny, how things work out in ways you don't expect them to.

Praise the Lord!

---




The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord
Is on me now
To love, to speak, to heal, to preach
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord
Is on me now
Giving life

You turn ashes to beauty
Mourning to dancing
Anguish to songs of praise

Pour Your Spirit over me
Let Your love rain down
Would You take these hands of mine
And use me
Pour Your Spirit over me
Let Your love rain down
Would You take these feet of mine
And lead me

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord
Is on me now
To go, to free, to give, to feed
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord
Is on me now
Spreading love

You turn ashes to beauty
Mourning to dancing
Anguish to songs of praise

Pour Your Spirit over me
Let Your love rain down
Would You take these hands of mine
And use me
Pour Your Spirit over me
Let Your love rain down
Would You take these feet of mine
And lead me

You lead me to the poor
That’s where You are
You lead me to the weak
That’s where You are
You lead me to the lost
That’s where You are
Lord I want to be
Where You are

You turn ashes to beauty
Mourning to dancing
Anguish to songs of praise

Pour Your Spirit over me
Let Your love rain down
Would You take these hands of mine
And use me
Pour Your Spirit over me
Let Your love rain down
Would You take these feet of mine
And lead me