17th anniversary of life



My favourite secular song of all time ^^. This song always come to my mind on special days like this.

---

I guess I'll do a narrative first.

You know, my birthday had always been a rather sad occasion. For the past 3 years I havnt been happy. Many a times, I feel forgotten, underappreciated.

So naturally, I didnt really look forward to this day. Ten days before on May 12th, I thought to myself, it was going to be bad.

But it was interesting, within those ten days before it even hit today, I felt that it was going to be different. Normally, only a few people would know and then on the day itself they would wish me and thats it. A few people would go 'oh crap really? Happy Birthday!!' but it was never really that great. For the past two years, some semblence of a celebration were attempted but it never really touched me. I never had a gift since secondary 1 except for the woodpecker (which still reside on my bed) in secondary 3 and a tweety bird by mdm salinah on the same year (NO GUYS SPLITTING A MOVIE TICKET BETWEEN A FEW PEOPLE LAST YEAR DOES NOT COUNT).

But this year, a few different people casually mentioned it and that alone did make me feel a lil better appreciated. In that sense, I felt like before it was even my birthday already more people had 'wished' me in that sense than compared to the previous years.

Before midnight yesterday, a few more people who were going to sleep already wished me first too. Then midnight a few ppl messaged me, and then my facebooks started to get wall posts every minute or so haha. I thought it was only appropriate that I reply every person who thanked me. Something that I hadnt done in my previous years.

This morning was pretty cool. And awkward. I swear I got a whole bunch of chain reactions today. Its like Chun Wee comes up behind me during morning assembly and says 'Happy birthday!!' and then immediately Elliot and Hoong turn around 'OMIGOSH ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!' and then assembly started, and when it ended Sarah turned around and said it, then Steph Zhao, and then Krystal was in the next class and she was also like 'oh its your birthday happy birthday'.

It was awkward and funny kay. Haha I dont know what to say.

And then after words people delibrately tried to set up chain reactions for fun. Its like I had a squad around me trying to tell everyone its my birthday or something. Ironic, that this was the year I decided to keep more low profile about my birthday.

Well today was Group 4 day (which because of that I kept saying the whole year 5 suspend lessons for me xD) so that was pretty cool too. Crossbow!! I think we did quite well so yea ^^.



Oh and I had a good sleep for 1 hour during break heh. The shirts make quite a comfortable bed.

I wanted to come home after school early to get more rest so I can work on my portfolio at night but Daryl and Chun Wee evidently were planning something. I guess it was meant to be obvious but whatever haha, I was arming myself for with my hp video cam for whatever happened next.

But in the end they took quite long so I went to return Clara's thumbdrive to her and return class key first. Whereby I got another one of those awkward moments when Steph Low conviniently daoed me the first few times I walked past and then when I was going off she suddenly wished me happy birthday (like after I started walking down the steps already) so it was like 'uhhhh ok thanks' and then I turned around and continued walking down then her friends suddenly starting wishing me too and I was thinking 'I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU PEOPLE' haha so awkward moment =p.

Daryl made me sit down and then he ran off and Kevin and him came with a small cake later. Aiya just watch the video =p.



Haha so yea. GUYS DARYL TROLLS ME IN CLASS EVERY SINGLE DAY UNTIL I CAN READ HIS TROLLS ALREADY AND IM SUSPICIOUS OF EVERYTHING HE DOES SO DONT USE HIM NEXT TIME LOL!!

So blah blah blah, eat cake, cut cake and stuff, talk, trying to smash the cake in my face, HLK came also lol (eh you know what would have been a funnier surprise, HLK comes in with the cake. That would be epic ok!!) Then later they tried to dump me into a pond lol. And later on I left for home.

Came home, wrote most of the thoughts here on a notepad file (I should post only after the day ended mah lol) instead of resting, then left for dinner with my parents.

(Ok hi im back lol) Ate at soup kitchen. Eh actually I got nothing else much to say le thats about it LOL.

So yup, that details my day, 21st of May 2010.

Oh man, replying those facebook wall posts is tiring haha but I guess its worth it =). 53 notifications when I went out for dinner lol.

---

So thank you. Everyone who has in many little different ways made a difference in my life.

Thanks to all the people who messaged me be it sms or msn or facebook. All those people who walked past the corridor and went into the chain reaction of OMIGOSH ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY.

Thanks to all those dearest friends who remembered. Who came to me to wished me a happy birthday.

Thanks to the six, Daryl, Chun Wee, Aik Leng, Charles, Kevin and Justin who organised a mini celebration for me after group 4 with cake and all, apologies for being so dao haha I really dont know what to do lol, but thanks, it really touched me. Special thanks among the six to Leng for that haha. I'll feel bad if you kena something bad because of it so dont tell me if that happens LOL. Haha jkjk if anything happens I go support you kay set ah. BUt I think wont la lol.






















Thanks to Daryl again for the queer gifts. Queer but it still means alot to me =). I HAVE ENDLESS STRENGHT AND CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME LUL!!




Thanks to Bynes who was the other person today to give me a gift. To be honest, like I said, I dont really need a notebook but I think im going to force myself to use it haha. I like the green actually, its bright and happy =). But you know, it was those two pages that really made me quieten down and read it carefully. I think that was the more important part of the gift, so NO WAY IN HELL AM I TEARING OUT THAT PAGE AND THROWING IT AWAY NO. I should photocopy a few pages in case I misplace it actually HAHA. The first page was great and being handwritten it was even more special.



Which reminds me, perhaps sometimes when we write these things we feel a little queer, it sounds weird coming out from us and we feel embarrassed I guess. It happens for me too, but to the other party, these heartfelt words mean alot. I suppose if you think its something that would be really embarrasing to write, then all the more the other person would appreciate it because all the more it spoke the truth, all the more it spoke the love. Perhaps something I should try one day, I do have situations where I feel embarrased if I do something for someone coz it just seems queer but maybe the other person will really appreciate it. Like prayer. Perhaps its queer to ask to pray for someone but it will mean alot to the other person.






















Back to my thanks. Last but certainly not least. Thank God. Maybe I didnt get eighteen gifts, but God, from whom all things come from, He gave me the gift of friends. He gave me the gift of family. He gave me the gift of love. He gave me priceless gifts that no man can possibly give to me. He gave me life.

So thank you God. Thank you everyone, for making this day just such a wonderful day.

See, He even threw in a nice sunset as a bonus ^^.



---

Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours
These small hours
Still remain