GDOP 2010



Sigh, need to work through the night for math port tonight. Haha oh well nvm God is with me ^^.

---

I thought GDOP this year was great. I recall feeling that last year's GDOP kinda felt more like a concert than a prayer meeting but this year's certaintly wasnt. After the initial songs we went straight into the topic of repentence, which I felt was really important and so I thought it was just the way to start. After all, GDOP is based upon 2 Chronicles 7:14 and clearly we see how repentance comes in. Prayer time and all, so yep. Haha im not gonna go on about everything that happened but that did resonate with my heart, as did the rest of the messages and prayer pointers.

In fact some of the things they say are like the very things that are sometimes mentioned in DI and close to my heart.

Personally for me, the most significant part was around halfway through where we had our posters and wrote down something we want to lift up to God as a sacrifice and while they played the song 'the stand', we took our stand, lifted them up high, and it was an amazing sight.

GDOP started with one man in capetown 10 years ago, and its now the largest prayer meeting in the world. One seed can become a tree, one tree can become a forest. One spark can become a flame, one flame, can become an inferno. One man, hung on one cross, and paid one cost, to save one world. Its amazing. What can one do? What can one person do? What can I do?

Hmm. I wont go on and on I still have things to do, mainly math port but yea lol. Haha some random funny parts. Take it all was played again, it was the second song, and it had THE SAME ANIMATION LOL. Haha when it first started and I saw the coloured lines I was like 'eh its the same animation' but no one else seemed to remember, until the chorus where the giant words 'TAKE TAKE TAKE IT ALL' came out again then everyone was went 'LOLLLLLLL'.

Haha oh. And the first video the background music was life in technicolour II. It fit what the video was showing I guess haha xD.

Haha oh man. Then anyway, after the lifting up posters part, they played take it all again, I thought it was well done, last year I posted about how many people actually meant it when they said 'take take take it all' but this year slotting it in after the posters part gave greater significance to the meaning of the words. Haha then super funny, after it ended we sat down and the speaker that went up said 'actually that previous song was all a set up, because now we'll take the offering'. HAHA that one was good.

Haha oh yea, then got one part we were to sms our leaders messages of appreciation and blessing and stuff and once we were done we were waving handphones emitting the light and then the speaker (which I cant remember but seemed to be the guy who came to school for REW about the hostage thing last year) said 'we use our handphones for all sorts of reasons, today, we use it for the king'. I thought that was pretty cool haha, how something, anything so ordinary can be used for a greater purpose, encouragement and and all that. Food for thought mmm.

Ok yep thats about it zao liao ^^.