Simeon Shinkfield and Pete Whalley


Haha these dudes came over to DI today. Its pretty cool I suppose to have musical artists come to your small little intimate youth group. Sometimes you think that people will never be interested in places with small numbers, but I guess with more intimacy comes more impact as well.

Of course JJ Lin is from WAC so lol. But then hes based in Taiwan so he doesnt attend haha.

Anyway, im not going to talk about the sharing by them, nor their music or anything. Which is weird caused I just titled my post that. But whatever lol.

Its just that, after they're done and they return to their seats we have a closing time of worship, and well, I didnt really look at Simeon, but I felt that Pete did feel something right there. Its like in the facial expression, kind of like, 'yes this is great, amen' kind of thing you know. The band was playing desperate people and with hands held and Pete turning his head towards the wall to see the words, and singing it out, it was kinda captured in my memory.

I dunno why im saying all these either, but it brings to mind how sometimes when it comes to making a difference, its kind of mutual, goes both ways. When you make a difference to people, it kind of makes a difference to you too.

Oh well. Im sleepy my thoughts processes arent very clear haha.

Another important thing to remember today, I thought what Eugene said today expanding upon my point about spiritual pride was pretty interesting, something that I never really considered before though when he did say it, it was kind of like 'ohhhhhh uhhh I knew that =D' kind of effect haha.

Here at Destiny Impact, we are really blessed. Our discipleship program is strong, our leaders from eaglets to eagles to the main church leaders itself are strong (pastor tim is really alot more influential and well established than you would think of a pastor of a small family church lol), and many guests have commented that it was a pleasure to worship with us. But I never really considered it before that we are really blessed I suppose. Many a times, I mostly just thought that everyone ought to be like this or like that, that this is no good that is no good because it doesnt match up to our standards. But sometimes, we have to realise that others have not been as blessed as we have.

I know, sometimes primers worship makes me think 'yea this is good but DI is better', but really, what are we saying when we say that?

Its a question to ponder I suppose. So many things in our human nature are so invisible that we hardly notice them affecting our lives. Spiritual pride and complacency. Hmm.

Oh well. Haha. Thoughts to think about. Im still sleepy.

Ok. Thank God for today!! Haha I dont really have to elaborate much do I =).