http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/205/c/f/cfb372742fa2692204860f44eff801be.jpg

Hmm I made a mistake in the previous post. It was quite similar I guess haha.

Its Isaiah 62:6-7 not 62:1-2.

ESV version.

On your walls, O Jerusalem,
I have set watchmen;
all the day and all the night
they shall never be silent.
You who put the LORD in remembrance,
take no rest,
and give him no rest
until he establishes Jerusalem
and makes it a praise in the earth.

And these are the words inscribed.

Isaiah 62. Interesting.

---

I think sometimes we should just take out our bibles and read. Not with ODJ and all, personally sometimes ODJ seems to restrict me (though its still good and all).

But we also need time to just look at the word just as it is. I realise there are gems that often go unspoken.

Job 19:25-27

I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.

And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;

I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

We keep hearing the song 'my savior lives' and 'my redeemer lives'. So I was quite surprised to find that the origin of this phrase was in Job. The songs are like, so happy and all, like 'woohoo God he reigns and I am found in him'.

Job on the contrary is saying these words at the lowest point in his life. In essence, 'all things have fallen apart, my life is ruined, I am at the bottom of the pit, I have nothing left - but oh my hope is in God and even if this life ends here, it doesnt matter for I am found in Him'.

I wonder how many of us would be able to do the same?