Time warp



Its quite scary, but the second week of the already little holidays is almost gone and I find myself not having started on any of the large amounts of work I need to complete.

Time flies doesn't it. It really is never enough.

Gonna need to be motivated, gotta get started.

---

Update:

Started on John Ortberg's 'When The Game Is Over It All Goes Back In The Box'. You lost the game btw. This book always reminds me of it. Especially since chapter one is called 'The Game'.

Alternatively, you could win it =D.

Anyway, quotation from chapter 2!!

It's a funny thing. I believe in God. I believe there is no one else worth giving my life to. But sometimes, because I feel busy, or hurried, or selfish, or just sinful - I want to make a counteroffer.

I cannot make myself love God more by sheer willpower. But I can choose to be with him. I ask him to go through the day with me when I wake up, I learn to see his goodness in creation and beauty, I take time to ask for his help as we work together. I see him in the people with whom I meet. I hear his voice in what I read. I ask his forgiveness for the many times I mess up. I thank him at the end of the day for his presence in it.

I can't make myself love God, but I can come to know him better, And because God is love, the more I come to know him, the more my love for him will grow. Love is a by-product of knowing. So I can spend this day loving God. And tomorrow I can seek to love him a little more. This is a life 'rich toward God.'

When life is over, nothing on this earth we inhabit matters any longer. There are things that are temporal, and there are things that are eternal. Will we choose to seek after the things that are eternal?

---