A post



Ahh. I havnt listened to Brooke Fraser in some time. This song remains awesome (I typed that then I remembered the little debate with Andy LOL, I still think its alright but aiya whatever). This song is like, poetry man, and its really different. Special, I would call it.

If i find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that i fight is at best only light and momentary,
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am i lost or just found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?
Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
An avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming

---

ODJ - December 6

Glorious Mess

In 1998, Dr. Larry Crabb wrote the book Inside Out. The book encourages Christians to stop pretending they have it all together and to be honest about what’s going on in their hearts. As they do so, Crabb reveals, God can free them up to become more of who they were meant to be.

After the book was published, Larry half-jokingly said that he wished it had been titled I’m a Mess, You’re a Mess. He knew it wasn’t the most attractive title, yet it reflected something that is true of every one of us.

Take, for example, King David. Even though God considered him a man after His own heart (Acts 13:22), he was not without his struggles and faults. Second Samuel 11:1-27 records a time in David’s life when he was troubled by a lack of direction and purpose. Floundering in his kingly calling, David abused his power by summoning a married woman to his bedroom, and then arranged for her husband’s death to cover up what he had done.

Perhaps one of the reasons the Bible includes this sordid part of David’s life is to remind us that none of us has arrived. It’s not an excuse to be a mess, but it’s a reminder that we’re a “glorious” mess in process. In other words, we all have room to grow.

It’s important to envision who we can be, but let’s not deny where we are today. Referring to the life that is ours in Christ, even the apostle Paul acknowledged, “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection” (Philippians 3:12).

Don’t pretend that you’re farther along in the Christian life than you are. God works in our lives where we are, not where we think we should be.

---

I realise that when it comes to prayer, if you find that something isnt working, dont stick with it, do something (well that sounds like its applicable to many things lol). If seated upwards makes you sleepy, go upon your knees.

Funny, I remember writing a long time ago on a facebook note about pressing on in prayer. After so long, I fail to take my own advice. Well now I am reminded of it, I will do it.

Don't just say 'I'll seek God' and not consciously think of how you are going to do it. Make decisions on how you intend to do that, and do it. Even if its a tough period where God feels distant. When you draw near to Him, He will will draw near to You.

I'll make another post later, related to the stuff ZR and I have been talking about recently.

---

And because im on a Brooke Fraser spree like I said, here are the other four songs that I listen to =D. I realise I actually don't listen to alot of her songs. Like, I listen and then I don't really like them. These five are the only ones that I like, and I really like them alot haha. Her other songs are of a very different genre I guess.

Well, the songs she sings with Hillsong are awesome too =D.









---