First



First day today, I still dont know what to make of school yet, math seems really scary this year, more so with all the elaboration on how IB math HL is really actually supposed to be for the top tier students and how majority of IB students around the world take SL as the norm. About how HL math is getting harder, about how we probably arent going to be able to do that well. Not to mention another math port coming. Oh dear math port.

I guess its nice to have the math dean as the math teacher though, it does mean that not only would she been good at math, she would understand the requirements of IB math very well and know what needs to be done. I do receive encouragement at the fact that people generally do better for their math in year 6 than they do in year 5 after all the intensive practice and I do hope it can be the same for me.

History, is weird. The syllabus this year is completely on China except for the Persian Gulf War. I guess its alright too though, it means we do have a complete picture of it.

Havnt had any other lesson yet so I dont know how it would go. I dont really like it that they reshuffle our teachers though. Econs and physics are the same thats good, but TOK is different, english is different, and for both of them I dont know who the teachers are even.

IB results are released on wednesday night. Its quite scary for two reasons. Firstly, this is the batch directly before us. If they do well, expectations for us rises, if they dont, we're afraid that we're part of a new pattern of decline. Frankly, I dont know if I want them to do better or worse than the previous batch. Maybe the same haha.

Secondly, it means chinese results will be released. That part is scary. Compulsory retake for anyone who doesnt score a perfect grade of 7. I dont want to waste a whole year doing chinese all over again when I should be focusing on other things. Also, if I do get a 6, it feels like, something disgraceful even I guess. Im afraid that according to how I have done for the exam thats exactly what I would get though.

I dunno man. Year 6 is the year. No one messes with it. Im not the only one who feels very intimidated by it. Not only so, consider that this is going to be the first and only major exam for many of us for we never had been through the Os and things like that (PSLE doesnt count).

Work hard, focus. Strive for excellence.

I know it isnt everything, but what I have been blessed with, I want to honour God with it.

---

Oh yea, and today's my last official day of slacking, must get out of the holiday mood and into mugger mode.

---