A year of change



I know, it is said that change is the only constant, and so sometimes it seems redundant to say that 2011 will be a year of change, for every year is one.

But I dont want 2011 to be a year where environments and things around me shape and change me.

In 2011, I want to be conscious of the things to change within me, and also God through me moving forward to change lives.

In 2011, I will not sacrifice to the Lord burnt offerings that cost me nothing.

In 2010, one thing that I have learnt was grace. I asked God to teach me love, to teach me compassion, to teach me grace, and upon reflection, I can say that indeed it is one thing that he has taught me. I mentioned that I focused quite abit on apologetics, and grace was really the thing that I turned to when I retreated from it because I had at that point in time felt that my life consisted of alot of head knowledge but little of this required heart knowledge.

Since then I have sorta become quite well versed on this topic I supposed, having read up many books about it, and considering that it is also Jon Acuff from SCL's favourite topic on serious wednesdays.

Well, I wanna go one step further. The level of grace I have come to know and on my own part is not complete. I have learnt to be more encouraging, to be more caring, to not strike others down, not be apathetic and things like that, but theres more, because the depths of grace is amazing, it goes far beyond.

In 2011, I want to learn to love like never before. Not just in speech but in actions, in personal sacrifices. I know of friends in my life whom I treasure deeply, friends whom really made a difference in my life when they take their time to listen, do the little things that matter, and on personal reflection I feel that I havnt done enough of this in my life. When I think of myself, I dont think I come across as someone whom people feel that they can really talk to when they need to, and frankly I dont know how to make myself one, but im trusting in God to help me. I do have the entire year for it =).

A few things to take note I guess, get rid of that fixer mentality, be willing to sacrifice time or whatever else it may be even if it is inconvenient, dont dismiss others etc.

I have also been thinking quite abit recently about the bynes random thing. I did mention it to him a few times and, I think its something I would want to adopt. Get rid of all that ideas about how I need a reason to do something for anyone. Just do it. They are after all people in my life whom I care about and that alone is a reason enough.

I think to the times where people have surprised me with something nice they did for me randomly, even if it was something small, and I realised its really a great thing to do. I would like that.

Haha, one of these days, maybe I'll decide to pay some random stranger's stuff for the fun of it. Read about people doing that and I think its pretty cool actually. Haha cant do it all the time though or I'll go broke xD.

The way 2010 ended and the way it began, it was very difficult for me. The things that have been happening, I dont really talk about it and I dont really want to (im not referring to my haircut kthx). Through it all though, I have come to realise many important truths and it will certainly alter the perception of life that I will hold on to in 2011.

And through it all, He holds my hand.

Other things I need to remember. Giving my time to do the things of God. Again, I will not sacrifice burnt offerings to the Lord that cost me nothing. Even in the busy year of 2011, I will choose to honour Him, I will choose to devote my all to Him in practical ways. I need to take Joshua for XD for one, and I dont want to shy away from that, it may be a busy year, but I will do what I can. It is necessary, certainly very important, and I must.

I will love and I will serve.

In 2011, as Christ laid down his lives for us, so I too shall lay my life down for my brothers.

---

And to end off, two soothing songs. I was pleasantly surprised when I was first shown them not too long ago, and I think its something quite amazing really. To know that Owl City chose to be unashamed of the gospel and dare to proclaim God openly like this.





---