Signal fire



Well, I was really tired so I slept before midnight. I guess sleeping before midnight right before your birthday has its advantages. Its nice to wake up to multiple messages and all haha. Not to mention all those well wishes on facebook despite the fact that I removed my birthday from facebook.

These few days havnt exactly been the best days of my life. Still, its a nice break from the entanglement from this world that surrounds me. I dont expect much I guess. I dont need grand parties, I dont need people specially setting aside time to celebrate my birthday. Its nice, but its alright even without it.

So, it has come and gone just like that. Another day, another year. Im old.

Well, its been a long day for me. Ajisen lunch, showdown, popping into the warren, cutting cake and all that. My brother caught a giant fish heh, giant at least according to dinner plate standards.

People asked me, why did I remove my birthday from facebook? Few reasons I suppose. Been thinking about it for some time since I have known other friends who have done that for various reasons. I've actually removed it since march though I've been thinking about it since even earlier. I guess one of it is that I dont really want all that facebook birthday effect. You see that its someone's birthday on the top right hand corner of your facebook page and you feel obliged to wish them. Doesnt really mean anything actually. I know, because I do it.

Well that didnt work out too well in the end heh.

Another reasons was just that I simply didnt want too much hoo ha over it. Just, me, my close friends and my family. No need to involve all those other people whom I dont even really speak to. I know who are those that will remember, and so let it be that way. Funny how that didnt work out either when everyone in DI burst into spontaneous happy birthday singing because lefa started it. Cant say it wasnt interesting, but it was more of amusement at how quickly it caught on. Significance wise, there wasnt much in it I suppose.

Still, regardless of everything that has been happening, I guess this day reminds me of the beauty of life. Living it, breathing it. I am thankful for family and friends whom I can share this life together with. These past few years, I always placed alot of importance on my birthday. Increasingly though, I am beginning to cherish the entirety of this life itself rather than a meaningless date of which Man has attached a value to.

So, happy birthday to me. Im eighteen, and im an old man.

---



Well the sun is surely sinking down
But the moon is slowly rising
And this old world must still be spinning 'round
But I still love you

So close your eyes
You can close your eyes it's alright
I don't know no love songs
I can't sing the blues anymore
But I can sing this song
You can sing this song when I'm gone

It won't be long before another day
We're gonna have a good time
No one's gonna take that time away
You can stay as long as you like

So close your eyes
You can close your eyes it's alright
I don't know no love songs
I can't sing the blues anymore
But I can sing this song
You can sing this song when I'm gone

---