Christ-centric




Thinking about something a friend told me some time back. He told he prays before starting his work because he wants to commit it to God as well, and that reminds me of how we are to pray in everything, not just meals or qt, but in embarking on studying, waking, sleeping, or whatever else there may be.

I'd like to pick up this practice, though it'll probably take me some time to get used to it. I hope I remember and it doesn't become some dead thing with this forgetful memory of mine. Remind me kay peeps =).

---

Jeu's words were actually really appropriate today. It was pretty amusing how in the middle of prayer, he combined two of my prayer pointers together and drew a parallel between the running for my napfa and the running the race of faith.

Amusing as it is, it is very true. I like it, before that Eugene had told me about how when I run, I should fight against the pains that may develop and press on, persevering. Its easy to understand that because I feel it when I run. Its also easy for me to understand how the desire to get this whole running thing done well ought to override the pains that I may feel.

So it is with the spiritual race. As we keep running, we grow fitter over time. Christianity is one real long race, and we run towards our final goal heavenwards. In the course of the run, we will have up slopes and down slopes. We may run through difficult terrain, and because life's like that, instead of merely a marathon it may be a marathon with hurdles.

Nonetheless, we run.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
- Hebrews 12:1-2

---