Fire



But if I say, “I will not mention his word
or speak anymore in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.
- Jeremiah 20:9

This was spoken in context of Jeremiah's prophecies and the ridicule he faced because of it.

The imagery of 'a fire shut up in my bones' is a powerful imagery. I don't think I am at the point where I can say my passion for the things of God are really so. I know that Christ is in the centre of my life, but the intensity of which Christ permeates through is not quite there.

But the fire, it is burning through my flesh, its heading towards the bones. The flesh resists it, but slowly and surely, it is searing through.

Like a fire shut up in my bones. To live is Christ, to die is gain. Christ in the air I breathe.

One of my favourite hillsong songs all time. Hype makes certain songs come and go, but this always remains a song I hold dearly to in my life. The song calls for nothing less than absolute dedication to live a life for God.



With all I am I'll live to see Your kingdom come
And in my heart I pray You'd let Your will be done
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in You

I will live to love You
I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You

You alone are God of all
You alone are worthy Lord
And with all I am my soul will bless Your name

---