For the love of God

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/192/e/e/the_cross_by_jontte-d3mypkr.jpg

We live in such a world where love is conditional, to love one must be lovable. However when we translate that to spiritual truth, it is a huge error.

God loves you, period.

Jesus Christ says 'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.'

The key to unlocking that door not via intellectual comprehension of God nor even memory of scripture or trying to do the works of God. It is to just allow yourself to abide in His love.

Simply loved.

Your great love, is higher than the heavens
Your great love, is stronger than the seas
Your great love, is bigger than the universe we see
And still, Your love, Your love is for me


---

The first sin, was a declaration of independence, rebellion against God. The first sin occurred because adam and eve desired to 'be like God', not in the way we say we want to be like Jesus, but in the way lucifer in his pride attempted to rise above the throne of God and was cast down.

And today, who knows how long later, Man continues to be in rebellion against God, effectively declaring that they want to be God. Non Christians cannot accept the doctrine of a God over their lives. Some who call themselves Christians dont follow the word of God because they are unable to accept that either.

But we, we know surrender. The God who first gave us life, who through Him we were birthed, who gives grace and love freely (though we spurn it), who came unto Earth and laid down his life for us, this is the God whom we give our lives to. Freely we received, freely we will give.

Simply loved, simply love.

A mightier king, the world has not seen
And I will stand in awe amazed
At all the grace You give to me
A glorious thing, to bow before Him
Abandon all I am for but a glimpse of You my King


---