MGIG

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/237/9/2/dscf1437_by_potogapo-d47s8j6.jpg

If I were the kind of person who says FML, I would have shouted it a number of times these past few days.

My phone couldnt charge and it died on I think thursday. The last time that happened, I had to change phone and sent it for repair, and when it came back all my settings and apps were gone and I have to spend time retweaking it all. So a dead phone is a very shitty thing. FML.

It worked later anyway, but on sat to sunday I couldnt receive messages, not the usual problem but I really couldnt get any from people that I need to receive messages from. That was shitty, especially since I had questions that needed to be answered. FML.

Yesterday, I was supposed to meet eugene and bynes before church. I woke up slightly late, fumbled around in my tired state, rushed out of the house, and mistook 98 for 99. And I found out only 10 mins later because I was sleepy. FML.

I got to a bus stop with 99. It took 15 mins to arrive. I reached clementi at 930. FML.

Eugene and bynes both overslept. Wasted all my time rushing and missing the bus, and I didnt even know because I couldnt receive their smses, and at that time I didnt even know that. FML.

Finally figured out my phone wasnt receiving them when I used fb chat with chun wee. But the fb chat was lousy because the internet hates me, and though it was a big deal, it was quite annoying to have technology pit itself against me. FML.

Speaking of which, my own home internet has been cranky recently, made me miss out on a range of things like the oovoo convo with joy (though that was quite some time ago) to needing to find something online but not able to do so. FML.

And like all that wasn't enough (they were mostly merely highly annoying I guess), my GDC died today for no reason even though it was working fine previously. Right before my physics paper. And the GDC is rented I need to return it. Thats a triple FML.

And to add salt to the wound, I lost my tie too. FML indeed.

There are many things to FML about, and of course these arent even close to some of the terrible things that can happen sometimes. But so many of these happening in the same time period is quite a huge annoyance.

But I guess im thankful that annoyance is really one of the smallest things to worry about.

We can see things from one perspective, and see how our lives are so terrible and everything is pitting itself against us, or we can see them as little pebbles (sometimes bigger stones) which cause us to trip or stub our toe, and see the other beautiful aspects of life.

Be thankful, always. And just as an illustration of this concept, lets observe.

My charger worked fine when I got home. MLIG.

I eventually got my answers by today anyway. MLIG.

I did use that time lost rather well in my opinion. MLIG.

The bus stop where I got with the 98 was walking distance from a bus stop with 99, it kinda went in a semicircle. MLIG.

I got to church early and spent some time playing with the three amusingly adorable boys of the Lam family. MLIG.

The lack of a internet connection probably helped me to be more focused in studying. MLIG.

My phone eventually worked today out of the blue. MLIG.

Someone lent me a spare calculator and I got through the physics paper. MLIG.

Someone else is willing to lend me a GDC for my remaining papers. MLIG.

Yet another person is willing to lend me a spare tie. MLIG.

So yes. Top of my concerns is still my GDC for now since I also need it to do practice papers leading up to IB and I cant hold on to that borrowed GDC, but I will wait and see how it turns out eventually. It has thus far been quite alright.

Again, some MLIGs arent very spectacular, but together with the FMLs, it illustrates a point doesnt it. Some things in life are a simple matter of perception. Whether we let these things in our lives annoy us is really a choice on our part.

MLIG, MGIG.

P.S. My GDC is cranky now, its working like, now, but it wasnt half an hour ago, and an hour ago it was, etc. Too unpredictable, not gonna trust it to work during my exams.

---