Passing through

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/279/6/7/dans_le_port_d__amsterdam_by_zardo-d4bzmhe.jpg

Most of us are really aiming high scores. Take a sample and you'll hear that perhaps 50% of the students are going for 43 and above and 95% want 40 and above. But based on past year statistics, we know this isnt likely to happen. We can hope to be yet another astounding batch, breaking new records, but I wouldnt count on it. So the truth of the matter is that most of us aren't actually going to hit our targets. Most of us aren't going to get the sevens we think we'll get. Most of us are going to get our ridiculously high scores and be very disapppointed with them indeed.

Indeed, the 30s sound horrifying, but if the mean was 41 last year, it means that half the people scored 40 and below. Expect that. Accept that. I might be one of them. You reading this might be one of them. We wont know. We cant be assured. Scores can change so suddenly.

I'll push for that 40 without bonuses on my right bar, but I wont count on it. I'll definitely aim to get at least 40 overall, and I honestly believe I can, but I must be prepared (at least by 6 jan) for otherwise.

---

School's out. Seems like every other person is talking about how we've all finally come to the end of the journey, talking about acpride, 2/6/9/12 years in ac, and ending their post with 'the best is yet to be'.

I might make a post sometime too. But when I do, it will be different. I will certainly talk about things I will miss, the memorable times i've had, but I wont speak of cliches I dont believe in.

---

Apparently I am 'an intelligent young man who will find great success in life if [I am] more driven and determined'. Its on my report book as the very last remark given by either JW or LGY.

Well, its something that sounds like it could come from either of them. JW thinks I havnt been putting in enough effort for math (I have) and LGY thinks I havnt been putting in enough effort for hist (I have not).

From their perspective, I can see why this is so, but I disagree with them. I am driven, just not in my academics. There are things that I am passionate about and getting good grades is not one of them. I do not believe in doing exceptionally well, and I do not believe in finding that so called 'great success' in life.

The measure of how well my life is spent is not determined by the successes born out of sky high points and salaries.

---