Scheduled post

Hi, im away in pulau ubin now with Kairos peeps, so I thought I'd have this song up while im away =). Seems like DI has been playing some Jesus Culture songs recently. So far, I think they're alright, I dont love all their songs, but I think some songs are really good, and this is one of them.



Clear similarities in the chorus drawn immediately to Chris Tomlin's I Will Follow, but they have their distinctions. For one, Chris Tomlin's one is more cheery and friendly, the thing I really like about Jesus Culture's one is that its raw power, its the ferocious passion in which the words were sung. Its not simply saying 'I will follow', but its 'I WILL FOLLOW', a declaration, a battle cry even. The bridge has a certain degree of poignancy in it, a reminder of the harsh reality and the decision to stand up against it.

And thats why I love this song. It doesn't have really poetic lyrics, but its impactful indeed.

---