Moments where I feel stupid heh



The bathroom is a magical land of great revelations. Great ideas usually come to me when im in there, I dont know why. I spend plenty of time stoning elsewhere too, lying on my bed and daydreaming, but despite all these, its always in the bathroom where the most amazing things hit me.

And it can be quite annoying, because I cant capture that thought on my handphone when im in the bathroom heh.

So I've been wanting to learn how to cook for quite awhile, and began to take it on more seriously now that I do seem to have alot of free time. I looked around, asked around for anyone who would be willing to, sought for recipes online to make stuff. I started with ideas of what I wanted to learn, but eventually realised that I should probably start with the more basic easier stuff instead of jumping straight to the more advanced ones.

While bathing today, I suddenly had an eureka moment (eureka because it made me want to run out of my bathroom to record it down in case I forgot). The best chinese food chef that I know personally lives two floors below me and cooks five days a week. So happens they are the weekdays which I am the most free.

Why is it that despite telling other people what an awesome cook my grandma is, it never occured to me that I should learn from her? -.-

Well I did think of it in the past but then I decided then I didnt really want to cook the stuff she cooks, being more interested in western and japanese cuisine as well as stuff like ice cream and beverages. When I changed my mind and decided that chinese cuisine is worth learning, somehow I forgot that I could just learn from her.

So yes, I made my appointment, with this easy access to a master, I might be able to become pretty good pretty quick whoohoo ^^.

Oh yes, and I made ice cream from scratch for the first time today. Its still cooling, but it wont turn out that great. I got the procedure right though, thats good, its more of an ingredient issue this time heh. Like, running out of milk =p.

---



I have had portal 2 sitting around on my desktop for a rather long time already. Finally decided to get down to it today. Spent a few hours on it today, and it makes me wonder if I should because while few hours of computer gaming used to make me feel quite good, nowadays I think I'd rather spend my time on other things.

Still, portal 2 is nice. Its something I really wanted to enjoy. Its a very special world indeed, where black humour abound, where turrets speak in creepy child like voices, and oh yes the good old companion cube. Of course what I say doesnt quite compare to what it offers. What else do you expect from the critically acclaimed best game of 2011, and whose predecessor was the best game of the decade. I guess the bottom line is that its not meaningless, and I like that. People tend to think that games are a waste of time compared to films and books, but times have changed.

All the same, I have to watch my time. Neglecting other more important things to play portal 2 no matter how great the game is not something I would want to do.

Ah well. GLaDOS and Wheatley are epic heh.

---