Perching

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/323/e/7/the_siphon_by_fmacmanus-d4gna32.png

More of a note to self, because I seem to remember things better when I blog about them.

Humility. I am not much. Any single time in which I may think that I am, I am not. Know it. From my own point of view, it may be easier to see all the wonderful things that I am and be blind to all my flaws, while concurrently be blind to the wonderful things of others and sharp eyed in noting their flaws. Recognise the human tendency to do that, and reject it. There is no need for comparisons on who is better or who is worse, the extent of our deviation from the ideal perfection is enough that none should even dare to proclaim themselves better than any other.

At the same time, do not harp on my weaknesses. Yes I am a terrible person. We all are. So what. It is not about me, it is about Christ in me. Even in my weaknesses, God gives grace. There are things that I may feel that I am terrible in and find myself desperately trying to resolve it, believing it necessary to improve on them. Yes, its good to work on these weaknesses, but there is no need to be condemned by it. I must not be obsessed with my weaknesses but to recognise that it takes time to learn. Meanwhile, I need to utilize my strengths. I am not useless.

There are things that need to be done. Dont waste time. Some of these dont require much, but simply a heart that truly desires for it, and hands and feet that are willing to go.

---