Iron chef!



Completed creamy ham and mushroom spaghetti, but with quite a number of changes, so it wasnt quite the same thing anymore. Wasnt very good imo but I guess there were quite a number of screw ups,  and things cant get all that great with the cheap substitutes.

Otherwise, cream of mushroom was a little disappointing today too, not that it wasnt good but it wasnt excellent, and I strangely cant put my finger on what went wrong. Maybe its time to move on to the next soup.

Salad was a replica of jon huang's simple recipe and it turned out the way it was intended to.

So yea. Could have been better I guess, but it'll do. These are after all taking budget into consideration. When the special occasion calls for it, I have some gourmet menus up my sleeve =p.

On a somewhat unrelated note, today I set fire to a saucepan. Note to self, please watch what you're cooking and not get distracted. Also, heating sauce pan till 'very hot' means until it is smoking, not until it is on fire. I learnt that terminology when frying steak why did I not apply it today...

---