Yay no school can play games



Im a little tired of dota. Not so much because I dislike the game, I find the dota competitive scene very evolved and highly intriguing, but the dota public scene is really boring me out. If dota were a 5v5 basketball game, the competitive scene would be players working together with great teamwork for the benefit of the team, be it school based competitions or NBA tournaments. The dota public scene would be a bunch of players who are trying to score by themselves, refusing to help their teammates, concerned only about themselves looking good on the court, and then walking off the court when they lose just a little.

Yea im tired of public games. I heard dota 2 may resolve these problems though but the release date isnt anytime soon.

Anyway, I guess ultimately what I find intriguing about games are the ones which are highly skill and strategy based. Which is why games like vindictus and gunz draw me, because the player customization and mobility in the battle system allow for a wide array of these. Unfortunately, for vindictus, there seems to be superior strategies which everyone ends up using so there goes the fun, and singaporeans cant play it.

And then the trailer above shows gunz 2. I remember the days of gunz, it was really one of the games that I enjoyed the most, but I didnt get to enjoy it for long because hackers started appearing and filling the entire game and eventually no one could play it properly. Gunz 2 thus seems really appealing, but its only going to be released in korea this year and some other countries later this year. Apparently not in singapore anytime soon.

So here I am. Im not sure what I can play right now. Dont really want to touch turn based games like pokemon, grinding games like maple. I wanted to play DQM Joker 2 but I realised that knowing me, I'll end up spending more time researching breeding chains than playing and eventually end up overpowered. And I'll never touch WOW. I remember Cabal, how cool it looked, and how terrible the gameplay really is. Graphics can only get you interested for awhile, if the game itself is terrible, then theres no point playing it.

There were other games I was interested in, namely the Tales series, Prince of Persia series, Call Of Duty series, Final Fantasy series, Bioshock series, Prototype and Civilization IV. Unfortunately, most of these interest seem short lived. When I really think about it, I dont think I could make myself complete many of these games without getting bored. Look at Final fantasy for example. I'd read a book or watch a film with its plot, but I could hardly imagine completing the game.

Maybe the only thing I would be interested in would be Tales of Vesperia (the tales series has a unique battle system, kinda like summon night swordcraft story series which I really liked but further evolved), but its only available on the PS3 and Xbox360, while I only own a PC.

Im considering DMC 3 and 4 as well as the Assassin's Creed series but im not sure if I'll like it yet. From what I understand, DMC seems to have this really cool fighting animation, but at the end of the day its really mashing certain memorised combos, which would fall under the category of having a certain superior strategy which ends up being used all the time. Employing different strategies under different circumstances (perhaps something which draws me to dota despite the fact its completely without a plot) is for me fundamental to a good game and im trying to find something that could provide that.

Any suggestions? Or shall I quit the gaming industry altogether. I'd rather do that than play mindless games.

---