Yay!



Completed newport clam chowder and garlic salmon.

The former was pretty good, this despite my the lack of proper ingredients and my initial uncertainties about it. I think my mushroom soup is still better though, and this may be because of the clam juice to fish stock substitution I was forced to make.

The latter came out strange. I didnt have a direct hand in it, focusing on the clam chowder more, but I guess I wouldnt have made it any differently. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt fantastic either. I suppose it should have been marinated beforehand for better taste, but the lack of garlic taste and overpowering lemon taste was quite unexpected. Still decent though, just not great (and if im going to cook, I really expect it to be of a high standard, if not might as well just buy from outside).

Many more to go!

---