Driven By Eternity



Theres one thing I really like about this book, its honest. John Bevere himself admitted that the truths spoken in this book may be found difficult to accept by some. He believes firmly in not giving half truths, following Paul's example in Acts 20:26-27 where he writes 'Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God'.

I just finished chapter 5 - Judgement of the Deceived, and I guess for DI, the stuff he writes in there (thus far at least) for me isnt all that new, you already know them, but he does address the issues that are prominent in today's evangelical circles. The plague of deception, the lopsided Gospel of Grace and so on. In fact, he notes that the subtle deception and influence perpetrated by satan within Christian circles is far more devastating than outright persecution of the faith.

For myself, I wouldn't say I gleaned anything new from it, Bevere does help me to put everything into words and assists in supplementing everything with scripture. Not to mention of course that it makes a good reminder. I enjoyed reading chapter 5 as a challenge to my lifestyle in pursuit of Christ, but I wonder what would some other 'Christians' reactions to it be.

---