Impressions



Faith. Love. Passion. These are some of the things we speak of alot. They are of course very important, but they are not everything. Love is the greatest, but it is not the only part of the fruit of the spirit. Sometimes, in our pursuit for these things, we neglect other important components of a healthy Christian lifestyle.

Its a little later for new year resolutions, so lets make it an Easter thing. As we remember Christ's resurrection and our own rebirth, lets remember to pursuit Christlikeness wholly, not just segments of it.

Teach me wisdom, that I may not rely on the ideas and perspectives I create in my limited experience and maturity, but teach me Godly wisdom. Let my life decisions and how I face the world be not determined by worldly wisdom, but by the Spirit and the Word of God. That I will not be conformed to the patterns of this world but instead be transformed, by the renewing of my mind. Then, I will move beyond my feeble mind to see as you see.

Teach me humility, that I may not take pride in the little worth I have but instead partake only in the glory of God. That like Christ, I may be willing to lay my life down, that I may live. That like Paul, I may count all that I have as lost, that I may gain Christ. That I will submit to the lordship of Christ, putting aside the ego and selfish desires. Only in true humility may there be true contentment and security.

Teach me patience, that I will not just love those whom are easy to love, but even those who may be a thorn to myself. That when my rights are violated, my personal wants forcibly pushed aside, I will say Lord have your way, thy Kingdom come, thy will be done. A demonstration of trust in God, endurance in the faith, rejoicing at all times in all occasions. Then I will gain the eternal reward of God.

---