An assortment of stuffs




Like I mentioned, despite the various things that could have been improved to make this perfect, this is nonetheless an outstanding piece of work. It was ambitious (and to be honest I wasn't all that sure it would turn out fine at first)  but the ambition paid off. Good work there =).

---

Did a little bit of cooking on Friday and learnt that one should never grill too many things on a grill pan. And I need to learn better how grilled vegetables are being done because while I think I'm doing decent with grilling meat, my veggies are getting burnt man. The last minute beef stew was surprisingly decent for a last minute effort and since I do know what are the stuff that didn't go so well for it, I guess I should try it again soon with all the right stuff and see how it goes. Quite looking forward to a giant pot of epic beef stew mmm.

---

Was at Francfranc (is that how you spell it) at vivo yesterday and found really nice household items which I would really consider for a future home but this together with the previous visit to IKEA really makes me realise how expensive things are and whether we like to admit it or not, how important money is. We mustn't become slaves to money of course but perhaps I can't treat it as flippantly as I do sometimes. I mentioned this to a couple of people but to me, it's really important to have a nice house. Not a big, fanciful one, but something well designed and appealing to the eye. And really, that is going to have to come at a price. I really, look around me, remember the debates about house prices and car prices (which has been completely irrelevant to me all these while but now it's going to have to start to come into consideration) and have no clue how to survive into society without the shelter of the house and family I currently have.

And I'm starting to wonder if I can really simply just go on to university, take whatever subjects I feel like taking even though I don't quite know how they can eventually translate into my career. I'm starting to be concerned that if I were to do that I would simply be gambling years of my life. I'm starting to feel that its not just about doing whatever I feel like doing but being a responsible man, because it won't just be my life that I would be gambling. And as much as they would be willing to, I have no intention of being someone who feeds of my parents.

The future seems rather hazy and scary. I don't know how things will pan out in the next few years, or even the next one year of my life. And while the past year in NS I could simply focus on the present, as I come towards the end my NS I need to be preparing for the next phase of life. Because oh damn I'm twenty this year not sixteen anymore and I right now I feel so unprepared to face this thing which people call 'adulthood'.

---