V



Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

So I continue on with my watching of highly acclaimed movies during free time and today I caught V for Vendetta. In case you havn't heard of it for some strange reason, it's the movie with the guy with the white mask (no not the scream mask, the guy fawks mask). It has had huge cultural impact and I guess I just had to watch this movie.

To me it kinda reminds me of the book 1984 in its dystopian society with facist government and the attempts at revolution, as well as the manga monster with its highly intelligent guy who pulls all the strings and makes things happen according to his grand plan.

I do find it intriguing and pretty humorous at various points (made me chuckle heh). It wasn't the best thing I've watched but it was pretty interesting overall, though there was just this one part which seemed too incredible for me to suspend my beliefs. It didn't make sense because no person would react that way and that kinda made the movie look bad but I'm willing to let it pass.

After all, who cares when you have fireworks! To the sound of Beethoven's fifth symphony!

Warning: major spoilers.



---