A reminder



When I set out to be the salt and light, to make a difference in the lives around me, first and foremost I need to tend to myself. If I desire to evangelise and bring people to the love of Jesus, I must first myself be found lost in His love. If I desire to create a prayer culture, I must first lead by example and then be able to say follow me as I follow Christ. If I desire to be able to be someone who can lead others spiritually, I must first be someone who is walking in step with God.

The first thing is always to love, and to be loved by God. All other things really come from that. When we try to pursue the end results first, we only find ourselves facing impossible tasks and burn ourselves out.

Seek Him first, above everything else in life. Not even noble intentions. Noble intentions are worthless, unless they are first laid at His feet.

---