2016

I'm not someone who treats the beginning of a new year as a big deal. I think of life more in terms of seasons. Some seasons are long, some are short, and they are not fixed to any calendar time. Granted, sometimes calendar time does play a part since the world operates based on it which inevitably affects our lives, but just to that extent.

This year however really does feel like a new year. I'm still in the same old school, it's just another semester nothing really special, but there seem to be so many other things happening in my life and the lives of the people around me.

It's many things really. Great things and terrible things I discover about those around me. It feels a little surreal sometimes, that all these things are coming together at once. I hope that the great things will become greater things and the terrible things will pass.

For my relationships with other people, it is my desire to improve upon them this year. To take time to understand what is going on in the lives of the people around me, to love sacrificially and not just feel love and appreciation in my head.

For this one particular thing, I don't really know what to think or feel about this new season really. Somewhere deep within, I know my final conclusion will be that it is right, and it is good. Yet the process is a tangled mess I'm still slowly trying to unravel.

I relook at the images of the setting sun, and there is a beauty to it. It doesn't quite look like the vivid flames I have memories of, nor does it seem quite like a desolate wasteland. I think it's pretty. Things always look prettier when you look back after moving forward.

I would like to see the stars once again.

---