MHA

 


I've written about My Hero Academia previously in this post.

MHA has been a roll. Honestly the title seems a little silly at this point because you would think this is a story about a bunch of kids going to school to learn to become heroes. Hah. It was, but with the direction of the plot, the chill fun times spent in hero school now seem pretty silly.

If there is one criticism about one piece, is that it is really draggy. To one piece's credit, it takes its time to build a huge expansive world with many characters, including who the major players are. However along the way it introduces many characters and plot points that are major for an arc but become minor or completely irrelevant afterwards. So you spend a lot of time doing 'side quests' which do have a part to play in the main storyline but also includes plenty of excess material.

MHA I think has found a sweet spot. There are no side quests and each event that unfolds is part of the key storyline moving forward. Each character is given the appropriate amount of attention for their importance to the main story. If we're really going into the finale now, it looks like it might even end before one piece ends hah.

Also as mentioned in that post before, I think MHA does characters really well. The protagonist Deku is cool and all but honestly, he's far from my favourite character. Gotta love me some Hawks and Endeavour. Oh and the villians is it weird if I like how they tell the story of the villans more than the protagonist?

Let's see if MHA can stick the ending. I think it has plenty of potential.

---