YOASOBI


It's been a while since I found an artist that I like every song they release. Or rather I would say, this is only the second time this has ever happened, the first being Brooke Fraser.

I can't even sing along with these songs but man, they are so good.

The second EP just released, although I've already heard 7 out of the 8 songs before when they released them earlier. The 8th one that is new slaps too. So 15/15 so far.

They have english versions too which although I think is a downgrade, it's worthwhile still because at least I can understand it directly without having to look at translations heh. Gotta say gunjo a serious contender for number 1 to me, sounds pretty lame when translated as 'blue' rather than 'ultramarine' though heh.

Listen to the 30s samples above to get a flavour of all of them.

And if you have time for just one, make it gunjo.



Okay picking just one to share was a mistake, now I obviously can't stop at just one. Fine I'll do three.



Of course can't miss out their most listened song, which is the one that shot YOASOBI to fame and also the one that shows Ikura's incredible vocal prowess the best.



Fun fact, YOASOBI's songs were originally based on short stories posted on Monogatary.com, a website also owned by their label. They later branched into other things too (eg. anime, other novels), but if I'm not wrong all their songs are still based on stories.


---