Omokage


I know of milet and Aimer, heard some of their stuff. Gotta say milet's unique vocals are used really well here.

Also kinda funny Ikura of YOASOBI sounds the most 'boring' of the 3 here, guess this isn't one of those songs that really pushes her, and when she's not being pushed she sounds quite generic.

Edit: Updating this to say, I realise this post didn't sound super enthusiastic but let's be clear why I posted this and as a standalone post - because its amazing.

I don't listen to milet and Aimer - I know they exist and have only recently added one of their songs each to my playlists but the rest of their songs didn't particularly appeal to me. I also said that Ikura whom I do listen to A LOT sounds generic here compared to what she does with YOASOBI. 

Yet somehow, this song is so so good. I think their 3 different voices just blend together so perfectly. The way they sing different parts of the verses and complement each other, wow. It's really well constructed.

Spamming this on repeat, this is truly a good way to kick off 2022. 

---