End of Season 2

 
Most of what I wanted to say is already captured here so I won't get into it.

It was a good season. Once again, the anime truly elevated the story to great heights that the manga alone never did.

That said, I think watching the anime also helped me appreciate some of the things that the manga did do well:

1) Demon slayer has a great power scaling and that is something that can be rare. FMAB still the king in that area though.

2) The story may be basic but they do hit the portrayal of the demons and how they are perceived pretty well. Everyone knows demons are bad, but there are nuances. For the protagonist, he is able to see that many of the demon were ultimately tragic creatures, but that doesn't absolve them of their crimes. This is pretty real, especially thinking about the canal double murder by the father recently.

3) The show manages to make it feel like there are real stakes. Some stories you just know things will be fine in the end and that takes away the tension. For demon slayer though we know that our main four are likely going to be fine, there's a large cast of supporting characters that we do get invested in as well, and have every reason to be concerned if they will make it.

4) Lmao the sound hashira dying scene. Lmao nezukomobile.

I still think season 1 episode 19 was the best. Some people preferred season 2 episode 10, I can see why the budget for that episode must have been intense. That said, I do think overly flashly animation can get a bit too complex to follow (rewinding it at 0.25x you can see how much detail went into everything but at the speed things were going and with the light show all around, it was really cool but not mindblowing for me). It also lacks the emotional impact and surprises of season 1 episode 19.

Season 3 is next, I don't recall it being a particularly amazing part of the manga either but hey, I didn't think any part of demon slayer up to this point was amazing either when I read the manga (including the two episodes I mentioned), so I trust Ufotable on this. Then after that season 4 will be where the truly good stuff is heh can't wait for that.

---